Thursday, November 20, 2008

I Wanna go to San Antonio!


Nicolas will be in San Antonio working on my birthday in a few weeks. Since it’s on a Monday, we decided to both fly out on Friday and hang out for the weekend. This has brought back a lot of memories from when I was a kid.

While growing up, I was obsessed with going to San Antonio. Neither my family nor I can recall what started my obsession where I would walk around the house and repeat, “I wanna go to San Antonio!” in a horrible imitation of a Texan accent over and over again. Did I mention this went on for YEARS?

The other thing that I used to accompany that phrase with was the fact that I was going to die in an alley in San Antonio before my 30th birthday. This fact has Nic slightly freaked out, and he’s now planning on taking his knife and possibly his nunchucks (that’s right...my boyfriend has nunchuck skills...I’m such a lucky lady) and avoiding any alleyways we may come across.

I believe, in typical youngest child fashion, I was going for attention and shock value, rather than actually believing that I would die in an alley in San Antonio. However, this has made me reflect on the things that I would like to accomplish in my life. This all culminated last night with a meeting I attended where we discussed how to meet our needs and reach for our wants in order to be happy. I’ve been thinking a lot about the reasons that I’m too afraid or too overwhelmed to go for the things I want. Some of them are quite small, and some of them are life-changing. I’ve realized that not only do I need to get over myself and make my dreams come true, but I also need to quit putting them off, thinking that I have a whole lifetime. After all, 30 looked a lot further away when I was turning 10.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your accent was so cute! Have you made a list of things you want to accomplish? I used to have a list of 50 things to do before I die - figuring I needed to do 1 a year to get them all done, but not sure what happened to the list, so I'm thinking I need to start over! :)

Mandy and Nate said...

I didn't know you guys were going out of town soon. That is great!! And that is so funny you were obsessed with San Antonio. Man it's funny how amazing a little kids mind can be.

Michelle said...

Cassi,
I didn't know you were a blogger! :) Can I add your linkety link to my blog? How are you? I know we live so close, but rarely see each other. We should change that! I know the holidays are busy, but we should all get together--me, you, and Krys. Let me know what you think!