Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Great Interview


I just heard a great interview with Greg Mortsensen and thought I'd share. He wrote one of my favorite books, Three Cups of Tea. You can find information about it here. It's all about Greg's mission to promote peace in the middle east one school at a time. You can access the interview with Greg here, but a couple of my favorite quotes are:

"...if you fight terror, terrorism, it's based in fear. But if you wanna promote peace, it's based in hope."

"If we put one percent of the money that we put in the war on terror into education, it could have a profound difference."

He's such an inspiration to me because, as he put it, he was just a dirtbag from California who followed his heart or his intuition and has changed many lives because of it.

It gives me hope that any of us truly can make a difference.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved his book!! He's so inspiring! I wish I could find a life path like that...