Sunday, November 09, 2008

African Children's Choir



Nic and I went to see the African Children's Choir last night at Kingsbury Hall. It is a choir made up of children from Africa between the ages of 7 and 11, most of which have lost one or both parents. They are part of a program by Music for Life which educates a lot of kids in shcools across Africa. They pick a group each year to go on this trip. They tour all over the world singing to raise money to send more kids to school. It's such a great program and the kids did a phenomenal job. You can learn more and see videos here.

It really made Nic and me excited to go to Africa in May!

4 comments:

Shari Baker said...

How exciting! I didn't know that you get to go to Africa in May. That will be so neat. I'm jealous. I've seen the Afrian Children's Choir on T.V. They are amazing. What an amazing cause.

Mandy and Nate said...

That sounds like it was really fun. And yeah I bet it's making you guys excited to go to Africa.

Old Main Photography said...

Hi Cassi! How in the world are you? It looks like you are up to some really fun things! That's awesome that you get to go to Africa... wow. I'm so glad that you blog- we can keep in touch this way. Have a good one!

Old Main Photography said...

By the way...who's Nic? :)