Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Summer Time

After returning from South America, I was worried the rest of summer would be anticlimactic. However, it's only been two weeks and I've already found plenty of things to be excited about.

Aerial Dance Classes

I'm starting aerial dance classes this week at Miraas Aerial. My Human Rights and the Role of Women professor from last quarter also teaches here, and I'm excited to try something new and different.


New Running Shoes

I wore my old running shoes every single day for 5 weeks in Peru. It was time to replace them. I got to test these out running around Estes Park Lake the other day, and they are fantastic.


Interning for Peruvian Hearts

I've started my internship for Peruvian Hearts and absolutely love it. I was able to visit the orphanage they fund while in Peru, and it ended up being one of my very favorite parts of the trip. I was extra excited to learn that they are starting an empowerment program for girls, and I can't wait to see how it goes!


Babysitting my Nephews and Niece

Who wouldn't want to babysit these kids while their parents get some time away?


Hiking and Camping


I am so excited to go camping and hiking a whole bunch before I have a Saturday morning Stats class in the Fall.

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

Fun stuff! We were at the Mayan a couple of weeks ago and saw some AMAZING aerial dancers. I was like, "Wow! That is sooo cool! I want to do that!" Then two seconds later I was like, "Wait... where on earth would I learn how to do that?!" I love that you're taking that class! Hope everything's going great with your internship and that you get to enjoy tons of camping and hiking in the next few weeks!

--- The Lisby Family --- said...

Looks like an exciting summer! You do so many fun and varied things. I do believe I'm jealous...