Saturday, January 01, 2011

The Obligatory End-of-Year Post

As I spent New Year's Eve driving for 10 hours on crappy Wyoming roads and ended up getting stranded in Cheyenne, I started to reflect on what a crazy year 2010 has been. If someone would have asked me in November 2009 what 2010 would hold, I never could have guessed where it would take me. It involved many unexpected (and sometimes frightening) things including:

  • Quitting my job
  • Moving to Denver
  • Starting graduate school
  • Gaining a niece and a nephew
  • Traveling to a new city (Mexico City)
  • Visiting one of my favorite places (New York) to see one of my favorite people
  • Discovering a new favorite place (Estes Park)
  • Getting a dog
  • Making some great new friends
  • Starting to learn a new language
  • Discovering that I’m capable of much more than I ever thought

I can’t wait to see what surprises 2011 has in store!

3 comments:

Krystle Bassett said...

Oh, my Cassi!
You are fantastic. Thanks for the post, even if you simply felt obligated to write it. :)

--- The Lisby Family --- said...

What a crazy and busy year! I hope your 2011 is amazing. :)

Mandy and Nate said...

What a year.. HOpe this year is as wonderful as last..