Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Power of Chocolate

“Hello, this is Cassi.”

“Hi (man who sounds like he is in his late 20s or early 30s). I was just wondering if you were going to have that chocolate event that you had last year.”

“Chocolate Carnivale? No, we actually decided not to hold it this year.”

“Really? That’s disappointing because there's this girl in California and the only way that she’ll come out to visit me is if I take her to that event.”

“Sorry, we decided to change the event. Instead of Chocolate Carnivale, we are going to have a Young Women’s Leadership Summit. It’s a half day event with speakers and –“

“But I can’t go to that.”

“Well, it is only for women, but it’s a completely different event. We won’t even have the chocolate.”

“Oh, dang it because the girl said she would only come out here if she could go to that event.”

“I’m sorry.”

“I don’t have the looks or the money, so I have to do what I can to get the ladies.”

“Well, sorry I can’t help you out...”

“It’s okay. I have three ex-wives, so I’m used to rejection.”

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Haa Ha. Cassi, this is so funny! I can totally hear you in my head having this conversation with this silly man!

I hope things are going better with your family. Miss your guts, and we should get together soon!

Mandy and Nate said...

Man that was funny!! Man seems like wherever you go you are getting crazy callers. LOL

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness! I laughed and laughed and laughed at this!! Thanks for the funny story, lady!