Monday, January 26, 2009

I.O.U.S.A.

I, along with most people these days, am feeling the effects of the tight economy. Luckily, I still have a job and have been able to keep up my standard of living while also paying for my trip to Africa in May.

However, it’s hard to see things getting better any time soon. Today at work, someone mentioned the movie I.O.U.S.A. (we run social programs, so federal funding greatly impacts us), and I checked out the 30 minute version online. It’s really great in that it explains the national debt in an easily understood way. It's frightening, and I wish they would have offered some sort of opinion on potential solutions instead of just pointing out that we're all screwed, but overall, I thought it was really informative.

You can check it out here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What?!? We're screwed! CRAP!