Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Transitions

It feels like the past month or so has flown by. In the middle of April, I got offered a job as a Communications Manager for Maria Droste Counseling Center (non-profit). Since that means I will now have to live with two weeks of vacation a year (grad school spoiled me!!), I quickly took a trip to Utah to see my family and a trip to NYC to see Annalisa. In the two weeks before I started my job, I was home for only 2-3 days. In those few days I had to get my hair cut, go to the optometrist (traumatizing, as always), and buy work-appropriate attire. Needless to say, there was not a lot of time to relax before the transition from endless free time to working full time.

As of yesterday, I have been working here for two weeks. The first few days were a little overwhelming, but since then it’s been great. I’m constantly busy which I love, and I really enjoy the projects I’m working on. I feel like I am going to have the opportunity to build on my current skill set and be able to do a lot of new things which is exciting. Although it feels strange to be sitting at a desk all day instead of sitting in class and writing papers, I’m excited to be in this new phase of life and can’t wait to see what’s to come.

No comments: