Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Greetings From My New Home


The somewhat gloomy view from my window today
(if you squint you can see downtown Denver in the fog)

The last week has been a whirlwind of craziness. I spent last Wednesday training my replacement at work, Thursday running errands and packing, Friday loading everything into the U-Haul and spending the evening with my family, Saturday cleaning, Sunday driving 12 hours to Denver, Monday moving in, and yesterday I had some appointments at school. Today I was finally able to relax a little bit (between trips to Walmart and the grocery store).

I'm working on getting settled in my new place, but I love it so far. Where else can you get free hot chocolate, cookies, personal training, yoga classes, car washes, etc? Oh, and to top it off, this was waiting for me when I moved in:

I think I'm definitely spoiled.

I register for classes on Monday, and they start a week after that. I'm getting pretty anxious to begin school as I really have nothing to do until then (except for all of the unpacking of course :)). I won't know which classes I will be taking until I register (and see what's still available), but I'm getting really excited about the possibilities.

I still find it hard to believe I live in Denver and am not just on some sort of vacation! It's just crazy to think that a few months ago, I applied to the IIC program at DU, thinking I didn't have a chance to get in, and now here I am, about to start a program that's more perfect for me than I ever could have imagined. Here's to going after your dreams, no matter how unattainable they may seem!

4 comments:

Heather said...

What an exciting change! Good luck!!!

--- The Lisby Family --- said...

At least you won't have to see very many gloomy days in Denver (isn't the weather amazing today)! I really love it here and hope you will too. You'll have to come over for dinner sometime. :)

Robyn said...

Glad you made it safe and are getting settled in. Definitely up for Skype this weekend.

kriddlec said...

I miss you already. Wanna email me your Skype username?

Love you!